Thursday, September 16, 2010

If only.....


"I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea." Isaiah 48:17-18

I have read this passage several times now, and each time it hits a little closer to home....There is nothing to add to this. It is as clear as a bell.

HE teaches us what is best, HE directs us in the way we should go.....the part that gets me is, IF ONLY YOU HAD PAID ATTENTION......How many times have you said those two little words? IF ONLY I hadn't said that.....If only I hadn't done that......If only......two little words...very telling words.....What is your "If only..."? 

I think that about sums it all up! Why do we all feel the need to go searching everywhere and asking those around us for answers? God's word is so clear about what we are to do..

And the best part of all, is that whatever our "if only" is, if we confess it to Him he is faithful to forgive us. We are redeemed, and we can move forward, bringing glory to His Kingdom in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment