Friday, October 22, 2010

The devil doesn't want you going anywhere

I was just telling my 20 year old son Destin about how I hurt my knee pretty badly yesterday morning. The first sentence out of his mouth was "go to the doctor, the devil doesn't want you going anywhere!"

How right Destin is. As soon as you make plans to go and do something for God, where you KNOW He will be glorified in the process, Satan is going to spring into action as quickly as he can to stop you! And he really does pull out all the stops!!!! It can be a very simple little thing to literally knock you off your feet...

Rewind to yesterday morning. My sweet husband was trying to help me, so he "swiffered" the house for me before work. In my haste to get dressed, I scurried into Shelby's room in my wedges, and all of a sudden....clumsy feet meet wet slippery floor...

You can probably tell where this is going - and you are right....

My left leg, which already has a screw holding the medial, lateral, and posterior cruciate ligaments in place from an auto accident some 20 years ago, went sideways - popping, crunching, and cracking all the while - as my right leg went in the opposite direction....

Needless to say, it was not a pretty sight, and had it not hurt so badly - I would have laughed at the comical nature of the event...HOWEVER - with our mission trip to Haiti only 2 weeks away, I was not laughing....crying in pain and frustration was more like it.

I made my way to work and quickly realized my knee was functioning far from normal. It hurt to walk, it hurt to bend over and it CERTAINLY hurt if it twisted in any direction....Walgreens is right across the road, so I hobbled over, got a sturdy brace and a bottle of Aleve, and said many prayers for miraculous healing of the knee.

Needless to say, the whole situation troubles me. The knee feels no better, and the entire outside of my quad muscle feels bruised...and I really cannot walk very well at all.

We have work to do in Haiti, and I cannot figure out for the life of me how this injury figures into God's plan. I know He HAS a plan for us, and I know in my heart that it involves the beautful people of Haiti.

I know that satan would love to stop us from going and sharing the light and love of Christ, so I ask that you please pray that we are protected from these attacks of the enemy that aim to stop us from serving. There is power in prayer, so we all have to remember to pray for one another each and every day we take a breath. The battle is already won....we just have to do our part as His soldiers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with your son! Call the doctor first thing on Monday. In the mean time, ICE it and elevate it. Wrap it in an ACE bandage or neoprene sleeve for compression. Take 2 Aleve twice a day. You still have 2 weeks...we are going to claim God's healing mercies on your knee. Get thee behind us Satan. Our God is bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dr. Jenny! It has not swelled at all, which I find to be a bit strange...but I will follow your advice!

    ReplyDelete